Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a P45 with crimson trace

I guess I think of it as another tool in the tool box myself.
    When I had mine on I put a piece of tape over it at the range except when I was using it.

They are a great training aid watching a new shooter as you and everyone else at the range can tell what they are doing prior to and during the trigger pull.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by MyOtherKahr View Post
    Lasers are a crutch? Does that include the US armed forces and the SWAT teams that use them? At night, in a dark alley or a theater full of people, I would rather be able to put a bright red dot on the threat than hope I am sighted on him. I don't use it at the range, I don't think I would rely on it in a daylight threat situation...but when it is dark, or in a dark room...I'm happy to have it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Yes, a crutch. If you focus on that tiny dot you will not develop proper shooting techniques. You will rely on seeing that damn dot. If you have never had a crimson trace laser lose battery power or shift alignment or have the aperture get clogged with lint so you can't see it, just wait, your time is coming. Just think of it this way, if you've been so focused on that tiny dot in your practice, what happens when you actually need the gun for real and you don't have the dot because of a malfunction? You'll waste critical seconds looking for a dot that's not there.

On the other hand, it's your life. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jcannady View Post
    Yes, a crutch. If you focus on that tiny dot you will not develop proper shooting techniques. You will rely on seeing that damn dot. If you have never had a crimson trace laser lose battery power or shift alignment or have the aperture get clogged with lint so you can't see it, just wait, your time is coming. Just think of it this way, if you've been so focused on that tiny dot in your practice, what happens when you actually need the gun for real and you don't have the dot because of a malfunction? You'll waste critical seconds looking for a dot that's not there.

On the other hand, it's your life. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I totally see your point...although I would not train with a laser or a flashlight, I do consider them useful and a tool to increase my odds. But yes...if I relied on these devices, I would be foolishly assuming they would always work and that is not correct. Thanks for your perspective.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a crimson trace on my CM9. I'm also a very good shot with iron sights, I just like to be able to shoot the thing with both eyes open. Its a lot of fun. To each their own I suppose