Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Back plate cover from NDZ

Default CM9 Back plate cover from NDZ

Hey guys, got this today put it in one of my CM9 is from NDZ, got it from EBay. (No economic connection with this seller)
    There is a video on YouTube that explains how to do it.

IMG_5674.jpg

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

Nice. It can be a little tricky to remove that back plate. Many of us have done it to clean the striker channel.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Nice. It can be a little tricky to remove that back plate. Many of us have done it to clean the striker channel.
    Thanks, it was a pain to change it, will be doing some upgrades again. But once you do it, the rest of the time it will be easier.

2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinikahr View Post
    Thanks, it was a pain to change it, will be doing some upgrades again. But once you do it, the rest of the time it will be easier.

Easy for some I guess. It is the one thing I detest about Kahr's. I have done it a number of times and dread doing iy on them. Learned to buy extra of those little retainer Pins that can go flying. I am a firm believer in a clean gun, especially the extractors and the Striker pin channels. They can get dirty fast and can be a serious cause for a failure IMO if neglected. Bought a stainless steel Striker guide and springs from Lakeline for my GX4 and was putting off putting it in.
    Then tackled it. Well, Taurus got it right. Piece of cake to take down. Easy to clean frequently. Nothing like the Kahr's,Take's maybe 20 second to get off. Lakeline's replacement springs are cheap replacement as well. Their end cap is one piece and easy to replace the springs.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Easy for some I guess. It is the one thing I detest about Kahr's. I have done it a number of times and dread doing iy on them. Learned to buy extra of those little retainer Pins that can go flying. I am a firm believer in a clean gun, especially the extractors and the Striker pin channels. They can get dirty fast and can be a serious cause for a failure IMO if neglected. Bought a stainless steel Striker guide and springs from Lakeline for my GX4 and was putting off putting it in.
    Then tackled it. Well, Taurus got it right. Piece of cake to take down. Easy to clean frequently. Nothing like the Kahr's,Take's maybe 20 second to get off. Lakeline's replacement springs are cheap replacement as well. Their end cap is one piece and easy to replace the springs.
    I hear you, I like to keep things simple, but that is not Kahr firearms. The Mossberg 9mm in order to take down de slide for cleaning, you have to take down the backplate and striker, that feature supposedly is for security. Not a fan of that, guess to each it’s own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinikahr View Post
    I hear you, I like to keep things simple, but that is not Kahr firearms. The Mossberg 9mm in order to take down de slide for cleaning, you have to take down the backplate and striker, that feature supposedly is for security. Not a fan of that, guess to each it’s own.
    If you're an owner, how do you like the Mossberg?????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you're an owner, how do you like the Mossberg?????
    Sorry, I do not own one(yet). I was doing research to buy one those double stacks micro 9mm. Considered the Mossberg and end up buying the Glock G43X.

I use a pick from a set that I bought at Walmart for $5 to compress the extractor spring and plunger and remove the backplate. I use the same pick to reinstall. The tip of it is small enough to fit inside the tiny access opening at top right of the backplate. It makes the job as easy as removing one from a Glock. I'm not allowed to post attachments yet so I can't put an image of the pick on here. They are in the tool section at Walmart. They have orange handles. They are also great for installing Glock magazine catch springs.

I’m working on taking the backplate off now (on a used, new-to-me CM9) to install the NDZ replacement I purchased… we’ll see how it goes and post results of my efforts

Couldn’t do it. I’ve taken off and reinstalled many… on various other guns. Couldn’t get the backplate off the Kahr CM9 slide. Watched all the videos, tried as many tools and techniques as I could… still a no go.