Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: P9 range test......failed

Default P9 range test......failed

This thread picks up from my P9 covert jam thread.......Finally got around to running some mags through it today. I loaded the first mag with CCI blazer 115gr. The second one will ZLS Ammo which is remanufactured ammo. Using both mags it ran flawless.loaded the 2 mags again and first was the ZLS ....ran flawless again. 2nd mag with CCI ammo and it had 3 failures equal to the original issue. At this point I'm tempted to purchase all of the extractor parts. Or I might call Kahr first and explain to see what they recommend. Technically it has the limited lifetime warranty being I'm the original owner. If I get it sorted out and running correctly I will still consider selling it. If it broke a hard part I would feel more comfortable keeping it after repair but I don't know if I would ever trust my life with this one. I have others to carry.

I think the extractor parts are relatively inexpensive. If you’re inclined to do a detailed strip of the slide, replacing those parts is easy.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Already cleaned all of that because it was all gummed up. I know I've fired over 1000 rds through it since I've owned it. Cleaned both mags before going but did not add any lubricant to them. Might pull them back apart and do that

No offense but it sounds by your description that the gun is to dry. And yes lube is needed on the interior of the magazine. Triflo is my go to.

Sounds like a return mailer from Kahr is in order, a P9 is a very nice gun and shouldn’t be causing you issues so it might be time to send it back home and let them figure out what the problem is…..Kahr will make it right, you don’t need to try ordering parts to try and fix it yourself…..Call for a return shipment and let the mothership give it a look see……..

Contacted Kahr today. RMA is on its way.

Glad they are going to give you service on it! Hope they get it sorted for you. Should be well broken in at 1k rounds.

Tracking shows that it arrived at their facility today....😁