Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: October Atrocities

Good scouts earning their Beaver Badge....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA" / GOA Member.
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

ahhh the good 'ole days....

My first car was a Triumph TR-3. I had a plastic soap box in it with about a buck in change in it so I could always buy about 4 gallons of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    ahhh the good 'ole days....
    shoplifting was a rite of passage for the kids I hung out with, who applied tremendous peer pressure. I was too strait-laced; couldn't & wouldn't do it.
    shopkeepers back then had intense eagle eyes upon us all the time we were in the town drug store. Reminded me of my Mom's eyes watching us wiggle in the pews from her seat in the choir. I doubt she heard a word the minister said whenever we were in there. Oh, man, the time she discovered that we'd been keeping the quarters that she'd given us for the collection plate . . . we sibs still talk about that day . . .

My dad died when I was 5 and mom and me lived with my grandparents for a couple years……Pop Pa was a good man and took good care of us and Sundays he took me to the drugstore and always bought me a toy and a couple pacs of Paul Malls for him but one day he found me eating a bag of M&M’s that he didn’t remember buying, he asked me where they came from and I said I took them without asking or paying and I got this speech……Never stole again…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WK_eWihdU

When I was about 12... 1958 in Pasadena, Texas, my brother and some of our friends and his came out of a "Walmart" back then and he showed me a cap firing BB pistol that he had stolen for one of his "friends". It was stuck in his pants. I made him take it back inside and put it back. That pissed me off with him taking the risk for some other A-hole. If it had been for me, I would have kept it, or congratulated him on his new toy. It's not like we didn't purloin a few things back then. We were poor.
    That pistol was probably worth about $3, if that. I bought one before or after that. It looked like a German Luger with a spring-loaded pull-cocker on the back and a slot to place one of those big square caps to propel the BB. I don't know what velocity was achieved, though, but not super powerful. It went bang and shot the BB, though.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Me and 3 other friends went to a Ben Franklin, intent on shoplifting something. We spotted the road flares, and it was on. Me and another friend each took one and put it in our pants. We all left the store in glee thinking how easy it was. Karma caught up right away when I was pulling a flare out of my pants and the metal spike end went through my pinkie finger. Bleeding all over the place. I finally got it stopped after a few miles walk, which wasn't easy with your heart pumping. Got back to my friend's house and his mother came outside. She already knew that we had been up to no good. I kept my screwed-up finger behind me but I'm sure that we all had that "look" on our faces. She asked her son where we had been. He told her. She asked what we did there. He proceeded to tell her the whole story. The rest of us looked at each other in disbelief and couldn't believe he was giving up the goods so easily. I don't know if he ever got the shoplifting lecture before that incident, but unfortunately/fortunately, he must have gotten the telling the truth lecture. She made us take them back. It's a lot harder smuggling merchandise back in than out.............................Later on, I worked for Pinkerton and TJMAXX trying to stop/investigate company crimes and shoplifters..............

I don't remember which younger sibling it was, but our mother made them return some penny candy or something and let them get the lecture from the store owner. There was probably more punishment later!

It IS harder nowadays with all of the security cameras... not that I'm inclined to steal anything. I've returned hundreds of dollars that I received in change in error.

Once I finally checked the deposit envelope for the receipt and found that the cash amount($50-$75 or so, in 1971) was inside the envelope along with the deposit slip! I immediately went to the bank and explained that I just discovered the error. I didn't want the teller to be penalized!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

;-[;-]

………
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling