CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New P9-2 on its way

Quote Originally Posted by medezyner View Post
    I was always comfortable shooting with a good S&W trigger. I shot my old model 27 good enough to do some Steel Challenge with it. Doesn't mean I walked away with an "attaboy" trophy, but I had fun doing it. The Kahr trigger is better than the best custom revolver trigger money can buy...IMHO.
    You haven't felt my Ruger trigger............

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    You haven't felt my Ruger trigger............
    …and no matter what you say, I ain’t touching your trigger!
    ; )
    My very first CCW gun was a Ruger Speed 6 .357 mag. That was WAAYYY back in the day (1974). If my martini soaked grey matter serves me correctly, it was a 4 inch. Def one of those “wish I still had it” revolvers. I would have done what you did: shown it some trigger lov’in and then shoot the snot out of it.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

…and no matter what you say, I ain’t touching your trigger!
    ; )
    My very first CCW gun was a Ruger Speed 6 .357 mag. That was WAAYYY back in the day (1974). If my martini soaked grey matter serves me correctly, it was a 4 inch. Def one of those “wish I still had it” revolvers. I would have done what you did: shown it some trigger lov’in and then shoot the snot out of it.
    I also owned a 3" Speed Six in 9mm. Same regrets. It also had trigger work done on it. It was even smoother with a bit less stacking than my Ruger.

[QUOTE=medezyner;448104]
    Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post
    Congrats.

Shoot yours often and in good health.

Thanks. Picking it up today, to the range next week.
    The picture of your new P2 doesn’t seem to be loading……
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Me? I don't have a P9-2. I have a TP9-2.

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Armybrat;448164]
    The picture of your new P2 doesn’t seem to be loading……
    Couldn't upload pics...was having a brain fart.
    I labored with the selection of my next carry 9: sleepless nights, hives, foaming at the mouth, eye twitching, mumbling incoherently about capacity, trigger feel, concealability...the wife didn't understand, but this isn't new territory for most of us. Did I like my PM9?, yup...do I like my P380, absolutely. So for ME, I learned that the PM9, although an incredible (one of the best) deep carry conceal pistols, wasn't working. The dangling pinky was manageable, but not ideal. Occasionally I have regrets about letting that primary carry it go to a friend, who still mocks me for selling it to him. I have no regrets for owning it though (I just hate that he rubs my face in it)! The reality was, if I'm going Summer time deep-carry, or back-up, I grabbed the P380, not the PM9. Although I haven't shot the new P9-2 yet, my initial impressions are very good.
    +1 trigger: At the end of the day, I liked the Kahr trigger, practiced shooting it (well) and like it for carry. Rotating from the P9 to the P380, when needed, will be seamless: same trigger, same sights. Although the first round on my Sig DA/SA is similar, its not nearly as svelte or light as the P9.
    +1 rail: I know some don't prefer he rail, but since it really isn’t a pocket gun, I’m good with it. The benefit for ME is the option of adding a laser in the future if my F.O.G. (******* old guy) eyesight needs some assistance.
    +1 sights: the TruGlo's are easy to see and quick to get on target. I put them on the P380...what a difference!
    +1 carry weight: currently breaking in the holster and letting it spend some time on my hip around the house. It's light and when loaded with Liberty's Civil Defense its a very comfortable all day carry. Don't even knowing its there. Cant say that about my other Sigs and 1911's...ya, ya, they're completely different animals, but I've come to really appreciate "thin & light" (for everyday carry). I've shot the Liberty's Civil Defense in my P380 and its runs flawlessly and is accurate, so I'm hoping its ditto with the P9. I put on a mag extension base from Galloway Precision for that extra round.
    +1 dimensions: How can you go wrong with .9" for a 9mm? I get 3 fingers on the grip and have a good sight radius.

Not a ton of holsters out there for the P9, but enough. Really like the Urban Carry Lockleather OWB; this is my 3rd one. Going to the range in a few days, I will post how it ran.
    holster & mag exten.jpgP9 left.jpgP9 right.jpgsight picture.jpg
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill