Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First PM9, and a big thanks to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    This, I believe, is what TucksonMTB has just described in his second sentence...

Bill K.
    That is exactly what I was looking for. This makes me anxious to get back to the range. Thank you!

try 6o'clock and see where the groups are and then 12 o'clock and see what changes, then u decide what is best and most natural for you..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

What town do you live in that is sitting on it that long? I walked in to the police station to get mine one day and it was in my mailbox 8 days later! You must be in one of the so-called "red" towns.

Quote Originally Posted by gagnejs8 View Post
    What town do you live in that is sitting on it that long? I walked in to the police station to get mine one day and it was in my mailbox 8 days later! You must be in one of the so-called "red" towns.
    The town, I shall not speak it's name, is "red". Since issuance and restrictions on the LTC are at the discretion of the licensing officer I am just doing the old grin and bear it.

My wife's took 10 weeks, which I already consider to be too long. Mine ran into a clerical error (one that should of had no bearing on the LTC), but even with this 18 weeks is ridiculous.

At least I am using the wife's gun at the range, so I can truly "shoot it like I stole it". (with her supervision of course)

I feel your frustration! Sucks to have a permit withheld/delayed due to a chief's beliefs!

Welcome to the growing population of happy pm9 owners!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

I believe for most SD situations at most SD distances any of the 3 common sight pictures will get the job done. My guess is you won't even use or see your sights unless you're a highly trained individual. You might want to draw ~ 2" circle on a piece of paper and see which sight picture results in the circle getting the most shot up. Do this shooting @ perhaps 5-7 yards. Stick with that sight picture for all your SD practice.

Maintaining sight alignment (the same in all three illustrations) and sight picture are easily and cheaply practiced by dry firing using snap caps. It is not a substitute for live fire but none the less should improve your live fire performance.

Ref:

Bill K.