Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PM9 - 1st 2 Range visits- what happened?

PS when I said 5 inches of center what I really meant was all were within a 5 inch grouping, so 2 or 3 inches from center in every direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    Add to Bawanna's comments, what lubricant are you using. My PM40 really likes Weapon Shield but is less happy with one of the other highly regarded lubricants that works well with my 1911's and will remain nameless.

The difference is startling. With my full sized stainless 1911 the other lubricant makes is feel like it is super slick or has ball bearings on the rails. In the Kahr the same stuff is almost gritty feeling. Put a little Weapon Shield on the barrel hood and where the barrel goes through the front of the slide and all is well, in terms of feel when hand racking.

To me, that suggests that Kahr's need a high film strength lubricant. YMMV
    I got my free sample oiler of WS this week, but I'm still using Militec 1 plus some grease on the rails and barrel of all my guns, including the Kahr. It's always worked well for me, but I decided to try the WS, and I will.

Nice report SCO

Today I gave my pM9 a day off and went to the range with my trusty ported K9. OH my I had forgotten how sweet that gun really is. Never a hiccup as I expected but the accuracy for me over my PM9 was twice as good and even with that NYPD trigger this gun is just a real shooter. I have those MMC adjustable rear sight and night sights on the gun and after seeing my friends cm9 with those fiber optic front and back sights. I think I am going to send my slide into kahr and let them put on a set of firesights. In as much as this my range/hnome gun, I think I can see that front sight better than the night sight that is on it. My eye sight through no lines glasses just kinda gives me a blur on the end of the barrel. I really love shooting this K9, Now I know why it is the flagship of the kahr line. It is just a real hunk of craftsmanship..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

all you need now is a crimson trace LG 437. Welcome. I am in Clayton.

Well I looked when I got home tonight to see what lube I used. It was Break Free CLP (Cleaner, Lube, Protectant). O'Dell I like the idea of grease instead of the break free. I have some "Tetra Gun Grease", I'll give that a try. But I'm not going to touch it until after I shoot it tomorrow. Thanks all for all the comments....

I just don't think u can beat the syringe application for putting a small line of any gun grease right inside the slideraisll Use what ever brand you like, they all will dothe job. The greaswe won't run, and no mess is involved in doing that. I also with that syringe applicator put a dab on the cocking cam and under ths slide where the breech makes contact upon ejection and al\ways , insdie the barrel lug and on that slide locklever nub that goesunder that little springhy.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hey Y'all just a quick update. Still no jams since the problem the one day at the range before it was broken in. Now have about 600 rounds through it. Much smoother slide, and goes bang every time. Got the permit too.